Monday, January 26, 2009

Phoenix Odds and Ends

Teammate Chris ran an outstanding race, finishing his second marathon in three hours and thirty-three minutes. He'll be assistant coaching the team next season and should do an awesome job. I told him to run everyone into the dirt the first week, then build up the survivors. He may have his own plans.

Two girls were out on the marathon course with a tiny horse about the size of a medium dog. It's good to see kids working in garage labs, altering animal DNA and creating fun mutants. It could become the 21st-century version of a lemonade stand.

A two-year girl on a bike with training wheels pedaled onto the course, zipping across the path of several fast runners. Luckily, there was enough distance that they didn't have to veer. The child finished first in her division: Unsupervised Kids Under Five Scaring the Crap Out of Adults.

3 comments:

takineko said...

I'm afraid you're behind the times on this genetic engenering thing
http://www.genpets.com/index.php

JP Mac said...

I'm quite current.

The Phoenix kids are behind. They're still making their own.

Either form of manufacture suits me so long as the final product doesn't smell funny and can be eliminated by conventional means.

takineko said...

I'd say a shovel and a plastic bag is pretty conventional.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...