Monday, March 15, 2010

So Long, Mr. Phelps

Peter Graves passed away from a heart attack. Back in the day, he was the leader of the IMF team on TVs Mission: Impossible (from the second season on.) 'Mission' was a must-see in my home growing up. I especially enjoyed Martin Landau impersonating big-time crooks or commies, then pulling off his false face to the amazement of transgressors. Once in awhile, there would be a two-part show, which absolutely frosted my dad. He considered it an unwritten contract with CBS that an hour show would last an hour, not two hours spread out over two weeks. Lalo Schifrin's great title score was classic. In any case, listen and remember:

h/t: 80sand70sMemories

4 comments:

BobbyP said...

That...and "you like movies about Gladiators?"

As you know, I was a huge IMF fan..too bad Cruise ruined the franchise.

JP Mac said...

Very true. Vapid remakes.

Unknown said...

Oh, that theme music. It's not often you hear something that timeless and drivingly off-center. And in 5/4 time, no less.

Joy McCann said...

What is Spock doing in that picture? I'm confused.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...