Friday, May 08, 2009

Knee Rehab and Writing

A few more days before I hear back from my paying job. Meanwhile I'm ascending the scale poundwise as I prepare for a torpid month of recovery. Last time off my feet, I blimped out in depression. This time, I'd better unblimp as my repaired knee will thank a lighter me once it's run time again.

Dashed through my research and started the short story anyway. Despite being fed up with prep work, I believe it helped. The interactive outline method, coupled with questioning the characters has lent my writing more heft. I really want to layer this story instead of blasting out a tale heavy on action but light on anything else such as themes, metaphors, symbolism or other boring things.

This time I'm more willing to wait and see what emerges. And maybe have a couple of snacks while I'm at it; bag of pretzels, a power bar, apple, turkey dinner; the usual.

4 comments:

SquirrelyWrath said...

The story Ive been writing I just sort of add on to as ideas come to me. I'm no writer though by any stretch. Just a silly hobby really. Something to keep me sane...ish.

JP Mac said...

Keep firing away.

You never know what you'll come up with.

I blog on my process so I'm out-in-the-open. It prompts me to finish things. That's my biggest drawback.

Or used to be.

Anonymous said...

Fresh fruit is a great thing to eat and lose weight. It makes one think one has consumed actual nutritional bulk, faking out the hunger mechanism. Also, spitting melon seeds allows one to feel like Burl Ives.

JP Mac said...

Ah, the melon seeds. That's what it is.

I've had a hankering to sing "Holly Jolly Christmas."

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...