Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Things They Say

I put my short story characters through their paces today and asked them:

1. What they thought of the government spending trillions of dollars.

2. If they were filling out a job application, what would be their strong points?

3. Talking to a shrink, what are their weak points?

4. What did they think of Susan Boyle on "Britain Has Talent?"

Illuminating answers; most I expected, a few I didn't. I've got to research two items tomorrow, then let the whole thing rest for the weekend. I'll start a new draft next Monday. 

That is, unless my paying gig decides to proceed. Nice gig. Good gig. 


3 comments:

takineko said...

1. It's a conspiracy!

2. I'm a friendly person, honest, and I don't lose my temper. Please dissreguard the fact that I've not had a job lasting up to a solid year.

3. I don't talk to shrinks, they're all out to get me!

4. Good for her! Maybe now she can get a date!

JP Mac said...

Unemployment has opened you up.

Why did you resist so long?

takineko said...

The money mostly.
And my husband looks at me funny when he comes home and I've done nothing but internet surf all day.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...