Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chow Down

Back in 2006 when I broke a bone in my foot, I must've put on 15 pounds in three months. That's about the same amount I've put on since my initial injury back in September. With no heavy cardio exercise for a month, post-op must become post-eat. 

At least, post-eat junk food. 

Another day of medical fun as I spent the morning getting blood tests, x-rays, EKG, and a brief examination from my doctor. Plus a phone call from the orthopedist's office and a reminder from the MRI Institute to please bring my MRI to the operation. That made me feel like a man who has bought a bus ticket, only to have the bus company remind him to bring a map. 

Let's go get it done. 

6 comments:

takineko said...

That IS pretty strange..
You are now souley in charge of what they know about your condition. If you spill tiny crumbs on your MRI, will they poke alot of holes in you?

JP Mac said...

No, but they may attempt to fill in places that ought not be filled in.

Troy said...

My friend - a speedy (no pun intended after your sub-eight minute run earlier in the week) recovery to you after surgery on Friday... lemme know if you need any good DVDs to borrow when you're immobile?

-Troy

Anonymous said...

If they insist on performing your procedure at the Woodland Hills Motion Picture Hospital, ask them if it's true they plan on putting up high end condos where their old folks home currently sits. They hear things over there.

JP Mac said...

In a recent mailer from Motion Picture, they stated high-end condos would be constructed without moving the old folks first.

This "twofer" would combine a cost-saving measure with a prolonged, high-cardio workout for the seniors.

JP Mac said...

Appreciate that, Troy.

I may indeed call upon your DVDs.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...