Monday, June 05, 2006

Bravo, Team!


From what I gathered, San Gabriel Valley Team in Training acquitted itself well in San Diego. Goals were met, missed and surpassed but all ran and finished their marathons. Meanwhile, I folded roofing tarps and watched the California State High School track finals on TV. But another race awaits me at another time.

A special half-marathon exclusively for Team in Training was included in yesterday's event. With over 500 participants, the race was won by Jimmy Freeman, my coach from last year's winter team. (And current coach of the fall team.) Jimmy covered the 13.1 miles in one hour and 25 minutes, bounding along like a great deer.

Speaking of running, my doctor signed off on "moderate walking." (I like the vagueness as it allows me to experiment.") However no running for at least one more month. At this point, I'd just as soon heal completely. I "moderately walked" for a half-hour today. The inside of my right heel hurt afterwards, telling me I'm extremely gun shy about putting pressure on the foot.

I don't see myself overtraining for a long time.

2 comments:

k said...

Now THAT is good news! Walking around is a fine thing to do. IMHO.

This roofing tarp business, however, has me a little concerned.

Are you, by any chance, expecting a hurricane?

JP Mac said...

Nary a cloud on the horizon.

These were old tarps from the winter that needed to be put away.

But I'm walking much more now, thank you your fine encouragement.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...