Saturday, June 17, 2006

Post-Injury Miles 3

Aqua Ran this morning before TNT practice. Outside the pool, I bumped into Summer Team remnants, waiting to embark on a light, post-marathon run. I joined them and walked 3 miles. That's the furthest I've ambled since before the accident.

The break area felt tender and the right ankle was sore, but overall I was pleased. My last two miles were on par with what I might've walked pre-injury. I'm not yet ready for running, but progress is steady. Naturally, since I did so well, I thought I could've done more. But that's how I get injured.

Cyndi from Summer Team took a host of fine San Diego photos. Here's one she snapped pre-marathon of Summer Team coaches, Katie and Kate. They'll also be coaching Winter Team running events which include the Phoenix Marathon in January. I'm hoping that will be my next marathon.

3 comments:

k said...

grats!, oh, that must have felt GREAT. 3 miles is definitely significant.

JP Mac said...

Three miles felt wonderful.

As mentioned, the temptation was to then do four.

But wisdom is earned through hard, painful mistakes.

k said...

oh yes.

yes.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...