Saturday, April 10, 2010

Biopsy Results

Biopsy results indicated skin cancer; something called basal squamous - which sounds like the name of a cheap carnival owner. Apparently, there is danger of metastasizing so I have an operation scheduled for Thursday, April 15. This will result in an even bigger bandage on my nose. But the doc seemed positive he could snip out all the bad cells which makes me positive. (If he sobbed and apologized over the phone, I'd feel different.)

This morning I did my walk starting in pre-dawn gloom. As I now have a 40% chance of reacquiring skin cancer, I must temper my interactions with the sun. Considering how I almost blew off meeting the dermatologist, I'm feeling rather grateful today.

7 comments:

Bitterman said...

John!
We'll be thinking about you (even more than usual) this Thursday. I'm sure it'll go well and now you can wear all those hats you've been collecting. (?) You tell that carnival guy to hit the road.

Chin up, but use sunblock.

Keeper said...

Yikes. Wishing you all the best.

JP Mac said...

Thank you, Bitterman & Keeper.

Better days ahead.

Anonymous said...

Johnny
So glad you are taking care of this... dermotologists are our friends.
Tom

takineko said...

O_O
That's pretty darn scary, but I'm glad to hear you're taking it well. I'll be praying for you.

Sam said...

My prayers are with you!

JP Mac said...

Thank you, Valerie and Sam.

All prayers appreciated.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...