Sunday, March 05, 2006

Resting Today

A tough training week. Ran two miles Tuesday; strength training on Wednesday; ran two more miles Thursday, worked out on a cardio machine at Club #1 on Friday; then ran eight miles with TNT on Saturday. My calves feel like limestone bricks.

There's 90 minutes free parking for Club #1. However their policy mandates that guests be logged out of the computer by a sales rep. This gives them an opportunity to sign you up every visit. This policy also squanders time so that you must hustle out the door, down two blocks to the parking garage, up the stairs to your car, drive down to the gate. By now 90 minutes have passed and you're out a couple bucks for parking. I'm souring on #1.
Continuing on my health club tour, I checked out an aquatic facility last week. The young woman showing me around seemed to think I'd grown up there and was familiar with the jargon. ('Comp pool, 50 meters, Wed. Family Night, busy rec pool; no float.')

Still, I may go test swim tomorrow morning when most people are at their jobs.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...