Thursday, March 02, 2006

Every Picture Doesn't Tell A Story

Summer TNT started on Feb. 4 and I have yet to run with my pace group. However, my injured tendon and knee feel much improved. This Saturday we run eight miles on trails above the Rose Bowl. I'll be running solo once again. Perhaps I'll join them next week for ten.

Visited my old land lady. She's in a nursing home out in the San Gabriel Valley. Her bones are like popsicle sticks and she weighs 87 pounds. I pushed her outside in a wheelchair so she could have a couple of smokes. The nursing home is her last stop before Judgment Day and she knows it. Tough old gal.

Got work on a new animated show. It's developed from a well-drawn picture book. Alas, the well-drawn pictures need a story propelling them forward and there is precious little. The main characters don't really want anything and there are no consequences if they stay in this slothful state. In addition, there is no antagonist standing in the way of their anti-goals. It's just characters and a setting.

However, it pays decently and right now that covers a lot of absentee elements.

2 comments:

k said...

The way you analyze these stories is fascinating me.

JP Mac said...

I'm surprised so thin a premise was green-lit to series.

Not complaining, mind you, just surprised.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...