Tuesday, April 27, 2010

'Fresh Ideas' Sold!

The nice editors at Every Day Fiction have decided to publish my story "Fresh Ideas" on their flash fiction website. (Stories under 1k words.) Luckily, 'Ideas' is fiction and so I will avoid needless mortification. 'Ideas' was part of my original Ten-in-Six. A workshop project about an odd man pretending to work at work, it was rejected 3x since September. After the last rejection, I made a small change to the ending that seemed to do the trick.

I'll post when the story is up. Now back to work. My antique computer has slowed to a crawl and will no longer transport me to Google search. I think I need to add more coal to the funnel in back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on FRESH IDEAS!
Published!
Strike it through!

TR

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Tom.

Fortunately, I made a list.

Warren Sorich said...

Congratulations John. I look forward to reading it. I have been meaning to say that I enjoy reading your blog. As to the computer, simply cut the blue wire. That should do the trick.

Warren

JP Mac said...

Hey Warren,

I cut the blue wire but the computer is ticking louder.

Should I cut the red wire?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...