Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What's Up, Doc?

I've been waiting a few days to say that. My Monday appointment was scratched because the doctor drank too much at a "medical convention" and missed his flight. That's not true, but made better reading than "his flight was cancelled." Tomorrow morning I shall learn what exercises are permitted with the knee. I've been aqua running a few times and all has gone well. But a little more cardio is in order.

A friend and I are going to write a Da Vinci Code parody. I've been working through the book taking notes and am highly encouraged. Dan Brown's writing is really dry, garnished with cliches and, yet, over 40 million copies were sold. (One of them to me.) Possibly we can write something half as long, twice as bad, and sell 20 million copies. In any case, I'm spending money as if I'd already received the advance. That's known as unwarranted positive thinking. I believe it's the cornerstone of our nation's financial planning.

5 comments:

takineko said...

I've never had any interest in the DeVinci Code, but I would read your parody. Maybe those guys who made "Scary Movie" and "Not Another Teen Movie" will make a film based off of your work!

JP Mac said...

This'll be a challenge. We have to parody enough to match the story, but not get too bogged down in trying to equal style.

But once we have the outline, I think the writing will go fast.

Prof. Purkinje said...

How about "The Andy Warhol Code" with clever clues hidden on Campbell's Soup cans and in Marilyn Monroe's cleavage?

JP Mac said...

Worth looking in to.

Dutch said...

I recall Darwin's diary entries about how he shot all those flying dinosaurs and English speaking turtles on the Galapagos. Messed up the whole evolution narrative.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...