Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friday at the Con


Behold, many costumed characters! And this was taken at San Diego City Hall. The convention was much stranger, filled with wonder and the power of imagination plus large, billowy men who hadn't seen the sun since the last days of dial-up modems. I ran into Stan, an old Batman and Batman Beyond writer as well as catching a glimpse of Bruce Timm. MDW bumped into a sci-fi and fantasy author friend. At my agency's posh annual party, I saw an executive I know from Cartoon Network, an agent, the owner of our agency, and the guy serving Thai egg rolls. Overall, a brief, but festive, adventure.






5 comments:

takineko said...

That poor kid isn't going to escape the giant man eating sponge bob is he??

Did you not have a panel to attend this year? Man I wish I could have gone to the Freakazoid panels.. :C

JP Mac said...

Warner Bros. decided against a panel for Freak II.

But that is their way.

And, yes, the kid got Sponge-Bobbed.

takineko said...

Weird, I thought the Freakazoid panel did really well.. hmm...

Poor kid... someone's probably scraping his Krabby Patty's off the sidewalk as we speak...

Troy said...

Yes, but did you see the guy dressed as Freakazoid this year? I called him out and told him great job, and he gave me this poo-poo nose look. Paul Rugg's persona he was not.

JP Mac said...

I missed the Freak guy.

Maybe he impersonating the French Freakazoid?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...