Monday, March 25, 2024

Putting the Write Back in Write Enough!

Since When?

The beginning of the year. I've mentioned the immense chasm I've fallen into with unfinished projects. Resolving that 2024 would see this addressed, I decided to clear my desk and approach writing as if I were a yarn ball of bad habits in need of unraveling.

Seeking insights, I signed up for MasterClass. Authors on tap willing to share their knowledge include Neil Gaiman, James Patterson, Joyce Carol Oates, and more. So far, they've been a mixed bag.

Lots of encouragement, personal tales, and philosophy, but I needed child-simple, A-B-C, this-is-what-to-do examples. I believe I've found same on YouTube with writer Kieren Westwood.

If you're wrestling with wordsmithing, you could do a lot worse. Westwood details his own struggles, his mistakes, what he did to correct him, sloppy writing habits and ways to rectify those flaws. Westwood also offers his own editing and critique service for short fiction and novel extracts. 

No kickback for me, other than sound, straight-forward writing advice. Below is Westwood demonstrating ways to add depth to your fiction.

 

Kieren Westwood

 

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...