Wednesday, February 21, 2024

My Writing Schedule. v2

 What now, big talker?

Eleven years ago, I was working this hard to build an ebook empire. So where is it? Still in boxes and boxes of first drafts, waiting for the author to stop screwing around and finish.

A few points: I didn't break each project into small enough pieces, so that completing it in bite-sized chunks wouldn't feel so daunting. 

Also, I failed to periodically assess my progress. Too much time on outlines? Not enough? Why did I allow procrastination to torpedo such excellent headway?

A finished first draft is an accomplishment, but only an initial step in the final product. I took the easy path of parking the draft "just for a bit" and starting on new projects, then "allowing them to simmer."

When it comes to writing, I excel at conning myself to avoid the hard work of pressing on.

I'll do it again if I'm not careful. 

CBT Psychology

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...