Friday, March 01, 2024

Maudlin Marathon Musings

Illness Takes Its Toll 

Ten days of coughing and a slight fever hacked into my training. I ran yesterday and found myself considerably slower than before Father Sickness gripped me in his long mucousy fingers. Only 18 days remain before the marathon and I've yet to complete my longest run. I should be tapering now and not attempting to squeeze in 16 miles this week, then 12 next week, then into race week. 

I believe I'll attempt the 16 and see how much time it takes. There's a middle ground between a leisurely pace and huffing and puffing to avoid the street sweepers. I'll see what the very near future holds.
 
 
 

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...