Thursday, January 11, 2024

Running 14 Miles on a Sunny Day

 My last long run before the half-marathon. A slight breeze with temperatures in the 60s eased the burden of yesterday's slog up into the Angeles foothills. A hard work-out the day before meant tired legs and a slow pace. Overall, my training has been erratic. Very little speed work, lackluster tempo runs, and hardly any cross-training. I'll be fortunate to complete the half under 3 hours.

I'm prepared to skip the L.A. Marathon in March. My focus will be to regroup, pick a marathon for late spring, early summer, and apply all the same training lessons used in ramping up for the 2022 California International Marathon

Enough whining. Time to cross-train.

 

The Bald Brothers

 

 

 


No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...