Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Another Marathon Looms on the Horizon

L.A. at Last! 

  Almost twenty years ago I set out to run the LA Marathon. After quitting cigarettes and training several months, I encountered Team in Training. As things developed, I wound up running the Honolulu Marathon. But LA remained a goal I thought I would snag in a few years. 

Now I'm finally on track to scratch it off the race list. I've got 45 days to train and no particular goal in sight other than, say, finishing in 5:15. I'm looking forward to enjoying the race, supping upon the city's energy, and hanging up another finishing medal. More soon. 
 

2 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

Go for it, Johnny. 5:15 sounds like you're a rocket!

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Tom.

I used to curse the LA Marathon for fouling up city traffic.

Now I look forward to being part of the problem.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...