Monday, February 21, 2022

Running Book Crosses Finish Line

 

dreamstime.com

At 1:38 PM Pacific Time this fine day I completed the first draft of my marathon book. It falls into the novella category, running 108 pages and almost 40k words. That will change as I slim it down, augment with an appendix explaining various running terms and techniques, and craft front and back matter.

But for all that, the research was assembled and the text written in around three months. That could just be a new record for me. 

So I'll let the book simmer while my subconscious sorts out matters of narrative and style. 

More soon.

3 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

BRAVO!!!!! 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏 Looking forward to the read. In the meantime, let your scribblin' cells simmer and get stuff in order til you feel comfortable.

JP Mac said...

The cells lounge about, basking in indolence.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Get those lazy bums up! A long semi-relaxing walk might just do the trick.

I'm beginning to think that the brains are, to some degree, in our backsides. Because it's when I'm moving....walking and getting stuff done at work, that my little grey cells do their best work. Because they aren't being squished. 😂🧠

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...