Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Hot Run in the Summertime

Run, Karla, Run

First five-mile trot in six months. Even in the early morning, it was still sweltering. Given all the people, dogs, strollers, joggers, runners, an occasional cyclist, and an actual horse on the horse trails it was splendid training for the crowded streets of a race.

If we ever have one again. 

Didn't time myself, focusing on running lightly and relaxed. Afterwards, I took a pair of salt tablets and wrote all day on a longish short story. 

 

2 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

No worries. You'll run again (in an organized meet). Likely NOT this year, but you will.

For now, just work on getting yourself in shape and don't forget to get your vision situation sorted. Walking into traffic is only funny on Mr. Magoo.

Keep scribblin'. Have you ever thought of writing a book kinda like Stephen King's On Writing, with your own perspective?

Have a great weekend!

JP Mac said...

i have considered my own version of On Writing, but I feel like
sales would lag without a bona fide hit on my side.

But there's always tomorrow.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...