Sunday, August 30, 2009

Smoke plus Animalia Emmy

Whitish smokey haze everywhere as the wind shifts, pushing the fire down toward the foothill communities. Mt. Wilson and its many communication towers are threatened as the fire widens to the east and west. I heard from my former TNT coach who just moved out of town before the fire hit. Her old home is fine, but threatened as the flames are a half-mile away.

Local news here.

On a less combustible note, Animalia was a CGI show I worked on in 2006 - 07 with Tom Ruegger, Sherri Stoner, and Deanna Oliver. Now airing on PBS, the show's composer Chris Elves won an Emmy last night. Congratulations to Chris and his designated driver, who are probably just getting home now.

4 comments:

Kate said...

And you guys are still relatively far away from this inferno, yes?
No actual threat for you as of now, I hope?

JP Mac said...

We're safe. In fact, the wind has shifted again, clearing away a lot of the smoke.

Temperatures are due to drop tonight. The lowered humidity should help.

Keeper said...

Lower humidity... helping? I'd think more humidity would make the fire less... fiery.

I don't remember much in the way of incidental music in Animalia, but do recall the theme being quite rich.

JP Mac said...

Got me there, Dr. O'Dell.

Higher it is.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...