Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hospital Cafe

While it appears I'm in a hospital, this is actually a station at the Hospital Cafe, a Hollywood eatery that aims to simulate a medical dining experience. You lie in bed with an IV pumping you full of drugs, and eat Jello-o and dried chicken while watching Hawaii 5-0 reruns. Ginger ale is served in a short plastic cup. For an additional fee, your waitress-practitioner will speak English, though at the level of a Saigon bar girl. ("You likee pillow, G.I.?") Actual minor surgery is available, but must be booked in advance as the doctors fly up from Trinidad. You leave the Hospital Cafe drained in fluids and cash, but ultimately feeling less than when you entered. The Hospital Cafe. Institutional food at a Five Star price.

4 comments:

Kate said...

This off the shoulder look you've chosen is a nice touch, too.

Hope this is but a blurry memory by now and that you'll be mobile soon.

takineko said...

Wow, look at that photo.. Move over Glamor Shots!

Joy McCann said...

Sexy! My compliments to the photographer.

Troy said...

I like it! I like it so much that I think we need to franchise it!

Recover well, my friend!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...