Thursday, February 12, 2009

Knee Update and Fast Old Man

In Japan, a 60-year-old man ran a marathon in two-hours and thirty-eight minutes. That's like, freaking impossible. Yet, he did it anyway, breaking an 18-year world age group record. Congratulations to Yoshihisa Hosaka. You are a cool dude.

Meanwhile, my running recovery mines untapped levels of diagnosis. The orthopaedist I saw yesterday suggested torn knee cartilage. An MRI would clear matters up. For cost reasons, I must first try and convince my new HMO doctor to authorize such a procedure. Perhaps I'll succeed this time. I can use the savings to fly to Japan and hang out with Hosaka. How do you run that fast, man? How do you run . . . period. Let's watch "Silent Library."

7 comments:

takineko said...

Wow! That old man must pump his bones full of air :0

I've seen that Japanese Gameshow clip before! Old man bites tenderly shall haunt my dreams for all time.

JP Mac said...

I considered other clips, but this one just seemed to be the "Silent Library" gold standard.

I wanted to see the Old Man partying down with the others at the end, but once you've bitten ear, I guess you're finished in polite society.

takineko said...

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Hard Gay gets away with much worse and he's beloved by that society.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOOnylk1Gdk
RUN LITTLE CHILDREN!

Anonymous said...

JM:
He runs so successfully because he is inwardly ever-amused by "silent library."
TR

JP Mac said...

If that guy is beloved, they deserve every city-busting monster that latent radioactivity can spawn.

takineko said...

Haha
"But look! He feeds our children nutricious crap laced with chocolate!"
"Yes but then he dry humps them after. ARE YOU NOT GETTING WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS?"

JP Mac said...

Tom,

You may have something.

In his heart, the guy next to him is getting the slapping machine.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...