Monday, February 09, 2009

Dental Singers

My dentist's office used to play KOST (local LA radio station), easy-listening music. Recently, the office has switched to a track playing songs I haven't heard anywhere. Today while waiting to have my teeth cleaned, I caught "Mission of My Soul." In this tune, the singer desired to be a garden to someone else's flower. In "Crossing the Sea," another singer offered to help someone actually cross the sea if that particular action  was desired. These singers seem like very generous people. My mother-in-law moved from the Bay Area to Los Angeles and I didn't want any part of that action. I can't imagine helping her move across the ocean, say from LA to the Cook Islands or Sumatra. Anyway, the singers have shamed me. I'll try not to be so selfish. If you need help moving, please call my mother-in-law. She has a lot more experience than me. You won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious!

my dentist has recently changed music as well. Went from K-earth to Sirius Satellite...and the reception is lousy, so the music keeps cutting out... which is good, because the station they've chosen has a certain Kenny G quality.

Did you catch the Grammys? I saw ten minutes of it and I got a contact high just by watching the TV. I thought Whitney Huston was going to keel over. What are those people putting into themeselves? Yegads!

All the best

Tom R

JP Mac said...

Missed the Grammys.

Instead of watching all the glitter of the music industry, I choose the Discovery Channel special: "Patagonia: Land of Flatness."

Anonymous said...

Kost FM....

I specifically notice Kost FM in the doctor's or dentist's office. The soothing sounds when sitting waiting for a cavity to be filled calm the nerves. Well, either that or they put the patient in a near catatonic state.

Love songs on the Kost is a favorite on a Saturday night at the coin-op laundromat.

"...and Harold...Tammy wants you to know how much she loves and misses you. Although times were hard and we had some ups and downs, I know if we work together we can make this last...."

Fades into Richard Marx’s Ocean's Apart....

Good thing you don’t have a garage and a long hose. Hide the pills, dump the whiskey. Count dust bunnies and read the community board.... anything to keep your mind occupied. Your still on spin cycle and coming up is another dedication. It’s gonna be a long night.

JP Mac said...

Kiley,

Maybe you should iPod KOST for your 50 miler.

It'll act as an anesthetic for late run pain.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...