Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Running and Silent Library

Another fall, another Tuesday night track practice. After the coaches sent the team to do timed 800 meter runs, I loped around, putting in two miles. That's the longest sustained run since early Sept. No knee pain, but I stopped early, not wanting to press the matter.

I'm excited about Sunday. Even though I'll be walking the Pasadena Half Marathon, it'll be my first race since San Diego back in June. Not that I'll be racing. It'll be more like walking in a parade. But a fun parade without equestrian units.

Some website had a link to a Japanese game show called Silent Library. Six guys sit around a table in a library. They must be quiet as they turn over cards. Anyone turning over a skull card is punished in really odd, painful ways. I'm not sure how you win or even if it is possible to win. But I'm hooked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well good luck. Good thing you are not running, too hot but then what did you expect when you signed up? LOL Do you think there is a relationship to your running races and global warming?

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0840.html

Ling Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP Mac said...

Yes, there is a relationship between my running and global warming.

But since I'm walking the race, it'll probably grow cold.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...