Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chicago Marathon Bound

I am excited after all. I leave early this morning for Chicago. Thirty years have passed and I'm finally going to complete the Chicago Marathon. Yes, I won't PR. Yes, it will be hot and humid. Yes, I have a minor injury in my right glute. But I'm gonna have a great old time on a nice, flat course with lots of cheering people.

My cousin Mary Ann is putting me up for two nights. Then it's off to a motel for race prep and recovery, then one more day visiting sundry friends and relatives.

I'll try and post after the race.

See ya!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck John. I'm jealous on one side of the brain yet I'm not on the other. Hope to be out next year for the 1st Pasadena marathon but I have to scrape my butt off the couch

Anonymous said...

now for sure I'm not jealous with all that heat. Hope you took it easy and just finished.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sa/news?slug=ap-chicagomarathon-runnerdies&prov=ap&type=lgns

R.E.M. Borja said...

I hope the heat didn't get to you. Can't wait to hear how it was. Boy, you have all the luck--a hot Disneyland Half and an equally hot AND humid Chicago. Remind me not to run a race with you. =)

k said...

Good heavens.

An update would be so very nice, when you can.

Anonymous said...

You can look up John's time on the chicago marathon page

John P McCann | Bib # 19157 | La Canada, CA - USA | Age 54 | M
START 5K 10K 15K 20K HALF 25K 30K


35K 40K FINISH
0:20:13 0:34:23 1:08:09 1:42:19 2:19:16 2:27:08 2:57:59 3:45:07 4:30:53 5:27:10 5:48:43
TIME Chip Time: 5:48:43 Clock: 6:08:56 Pace: 13:18
Placement Overall: n/a Gender: n/a Division: n/a

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...