Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Small Wonder



Went to track practice last night. We ran half-mile repeats with an eye on maintaining a brisk, but consistent, pace. Afterwards, we descended on an Italian restaurant where almost everyone ate a big pasta meal. (I didn't because I sit at my computer and eat all day like a tree shrew. Another guy just had a couple of beers.)

Talk was far-ranging, covering topics such as the need to monitor what kids watch on TV, to the Death Penalty, to getting in a fight and throwing a midget to gain the edge needed for victory. I'm not sure who made the last comment. All I know is it didn't come from me or the guy drinking beer.

There are deep-rooted desires that even running endorphins can't paper over.

4 comments:

k said...

A tree shrew! a TREE SHREW!?!

Do they really eat a lot?

I thought for sure you were going UP in rodent size, not DOWN. I was looking for a rabbit next. Maybe even a capybara.

Nice pic. Actually, you look good. A lot better than me these days.

Although the good news is, my own diet efforts have been really successful. More than half-way through already.

Good thing too. Now that I've made such great progress, it looks like I just got diabetes.

*sigh*

*whine*

*swoon*

So keep up the good work.

Jaime J. Weinman said...

OT, but I just found this blog via Technorati, and I just wanted to say I am a huge, longstanding fan of Animaniacs and Freakazoid!. I can actually remember which episodes you wrote (all the "monster" episodes of Animaniacs, the Slappy vs. Daniel Boone one, "Beavers into Gold" -- so much great stuff).

Thank you for helping to bring the word "Satan" to animated TV, and for filling my college years with phrases like "Worms and Weasels." Looking forward to the DVDs.

JP Mac said...

Hi Jaime,

I believe we may have met during your visit to WB and, also, at Comicon.

In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed those shows. And thanks for taking the time to tell me. As you probably guessed, we had a blast making them.

If I get any more info on the DVD release, I'll post it here.

I hope you're doing well.

John P. McCann

Jaime J. Weinman said...

No, I don't think we've met; I wasn't part of the group that visited WB (I did post some on alt.tv.animaniacs, but not at that time) and I haven't been to Comicon.

Anyway, yes, it's easy to see you guys had fun making these shows, and they still hold up. Hopefully "Freakazoid!" will eventually make it onto DVD too.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...