Thursday, April 28, 2022

Longest Run Since the Marathon


pixelstalk.net

How Long Exactly?

Seven miles, to be precise. I employed a 4x1 run/walk ratio and finished the last mile in 10:38. I passed a runner more elderly than I as we both enjoyed good running weather—around 70 degrees with a light breeze. 

My book is parked between drafts two and three. Many tasks require my attention including setting up a new email site, redesigning my author website, and creating a lead magnet for people signing up for said website.

There's also lining up editorial reviewers, regular reader reviewers, a proof reader and copy editor, designing a back cover for the softcover version and researching audio books. 

Everything takes longer than you think and costs a bit more than your budget. But that's the yoke of self-publishing. 

According to research, non-fiction books don't sell as well in summertime. Since I won't be ready by June, I'm aiming for a Labor Day release. Friday, September 2 is the tenative release date. 

I love the cover design and am excited about putting out the book. More soon.


3 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

All praise to people who have the desire to run! Bravo for your tenacity.

EQUALLY tenacious is your desire to get your latest fiction project finished, between one thing and another. Kinda reminds me of your story of stumbling over those rocks. But you got up and kept moving....just slower.

Let me know when the new book is finished and I'll order it. Except for your two online books (Small book of Big Enlightenment and Jury Doody) I have all your paperback novels!

JP Mac said...

Many thanks.

I'll discount the book for pre-orders.

Probably sometime in early Sept.

Authors 4 Characters said...

I goofed. If the book I'm thinking of is your marathon project then it's NON-FICTION. Look forward to reading it, come Autumn.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...