Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Seven Miles in May

Health and Well-Being
 

 

A perfect morning for running with the temperate in the low 60s and a nice marine layer. I focused on staying relaxed and hydrated. Now I'm done with the seven miles and working to finish the third draft on my running book. Two coaches are standing by to review the manuscript so I'm hurrying it up. (Pausing only to blog.)

And while the book is readable by strangers, more drafts await. I still don't like the last chapter. Anyway, I can start getting feedback now.

5 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

It's funny about writers..... like cooks, everyone else seems to like their cooking better than they do. At the end of the day, you have to feel as comfortable with your work as your readers do.

Just for fun, if you're looking for a title for this project, how about something like, "Tripping over My Words" ( A Writer's Marathon Run) Or something to the effect. If you already have your title, it's all good. Looking forward to the winter read, (I say, preparing for summer.

Waking up to go running... Just the waking up early part is a discipline. Everything else is a bonus. You're rockin' it!

JP Mac said...

Thank you.

My title is "How to Run a Marathon in 13 Years."

Hopefully, it'll spark to runners and anyone whose chasing a dream.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Now I really wanna read it! No plans on running a marathon, but the project I've been working on hit a research snag so I totally relate to the delays.

It's been said of writers (and easily applies to runners) As long as you keep moving, you'll finish. You finished.

JP Mac said...

I learned my mind is the greatest obstacle to my goals.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Boy! Can I relate to that!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...