Monday, September 20, 2021

Surfer's Point Marathon Update

 


Yes, November 7th, a Sunday, will see me once again attempt to master 26.2 miles. For the last 12 years I've been searching for a method of running that didn't cause me knee pain. If you have time, peek at this, or this, or this, or this, or this or this. My orthopedist tried talking me out of ever trying to run again. But I knew better. Such high hopes I had. I assumed I'd be knocking out another marathon sometime in 2010.

Today I'm into my longest runs. This Wednesday, I'll run 16. Then the following weeks will see long runs of 18, 13.1, 20, 10, 8, some speed work, then the marathon. I'll know my goal time more exactly after my half-marathon run. Right now it appears a finishing time of five hours and eleven minutes is doable. It's exciting. I'd forgotten so much. Like nipple guards

More soon. 

4 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Seems like just yesterday you mentioned this (it was summer) Now, you're about a month away.

���� Bravo! ���� And it's cool that you're pacing yourself. Good! My doctor has enough to do, making sure I get a good WALK in, daily. He'd love you!

JP Mac said...

The summer shot past at light speed.

Of course, I'm not recovering from surgery. (:

Authors 4 Characters said...

For the most part, it was.....odd. The first 6 weeks CRAWLED by, and then, it was gone in a blink. Bizarre. Now I'm back to work and the month of September flew by. No complaints there.

Rock the run!

JP Mac said...

Thanks.

Glad you're mending.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...