Saturday, November 07, 2020

Facebook Sucks

My author page is flawed. Click on it and see if you're taken to JP Mac's Author Page. You might be. Or you might see a page for Facebook business. 

This nonsense has been going on for months. The page won't load. I'm not allowed to administer. A stinking Facebook business page appears. My password is not recognized. My new password is not recognized. Furthermore, I'm not alone. Many small independent businesses are not being allowed in to their pages and can't get a helpful word from Facebook. 

I probably can't get in to cancel my own page.

On Facebook, I AM THE PRODUCT. Here are other depressing reasons why Facebook is no good

For now, I'll direct traffic to my website. But there must be something better out there. I will investigate. 

Pinterest 

5 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...


SICK!!!!

How interesting that I was asked to fill out a survey a few days ago. Wonder how many others were asked to appraise their site.

In view of not being able to access your own site, just ignore Facebook entirely, concentrate on your main site while you meander around .... do you do Twitter? I'm no fan of that site. It's like one giant IN crowd. If you aren't part of whatever group, you're an outcast, so I stopped using it.

How about Tumbler or Instagram? Let me know. If it weren't for my sister, I'd dump facebook. If there's even half a grain of truth to that caption, OY!!!🤷🤦‍♀️🤷🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤬

JP Mac said...

I quit Twitter after my account was hacked and Twitter was no help in dealing with the issue.

Today, Facebook wouldn't even let me on my personal site.

Something new, perhaps.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Maybe try Tumblr or Instagram. It lets you be creative. Or maybe there's something else. I'm hopelessly behind when it comes to social media.

JP Mac said...

Sadly, I think Instagram is owned by Facebook.

Here's irony: after uploading this post to Facebook, I am now no longer able to
access my personal account. I keep getting a page requiring me to register
for Facebook ads, or some such nonsense.

Maybe Goodreads should be my focus. After all, that's where the readers are.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Excellent idea. Just stay with the readers/ writers. We're your people! 📒✒️☕️📖 Hopefully, there will be less aggravation. Less political talk, and a much needed distraction from the covid crap. We may have to live with it (not for much longer, I pray) but that doesn't mean we have to read about it every waking hour.

Good Reads is the place to be.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...