Sunday, September 01, 2019

JP Mac Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Running


wallpaper.co
My tale of murderous witchcraft in a Hollywood apartment building has been selected by Soteira Press. "Mark of the Bruja" will appear in an upcoming anthology of stories themed around horror in California. Keep an eye out for publication updates. A lot of water under the old author bridge since I last published a short story. Nonetheless, no better promotion for a writer.

"Prostate" inches toward publication as a softcover. The PDF should be finished by tomorrow and, hopefully, the back cover and spine by Tuesday. Possibly a dummy copy will be in our hands by week's end.

On the running front, my knee has been tender since early July. I've still been going out 3x a week, but taking it easy. Yesterday, I put in 3 miles, but failed to arise early and suffered from the late summer heat. Slow on the running front, but speeding across the literary veldt like a cheetah on the keyboard.

7 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Stephen King was right. There IS a joy to writing short stories. I look forward to reading your latest collection.

If there is any good to your slow down (running wise) is that you can build yourself up for next season's running time. Do you have a treadmill? Maybe do a VR walk. Get on your treadmill and enjoy a cozy country stroll without leaving the safety of your home and being able to get in some exercise at the same time.

I've heard of people doing that. Virtual Reality doesn't take the place of a proper walk, with fresh air, but if it's a crappy day and you still want to get some exercise, it's a happy medium.

Authors 4 Characters said...

WOW! Who knew living in California could be so (fictionally) horrific? Count me in!

🎼 "California's great! It's such a lovely state. But every lawn is sitting on a continental plate."🎶

As always with the running, WALK quickly, and run (only if someone is chasing you).

JP Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP Mac said...

Given how the prisons have been emptied lately, running is more popular than ever.

Authors 4 Characters said...

WHAT?!?! Dare I ask whose foolish ide that was!

JP Mac said...

A number of governors who don't want criminals to catch COVID as well as concerned, empathetic citizen groups who feel its wrong to set cash bails and releasee wholesale those arrested for crimes.

The crime stats reflect these unfortunate facts.

Authors 4 Characters said...

My head hurts! 🤦‍♀️😫 For real?!?

That thunking you hear is Judge Judy, beating her head against a wall.

The governors don't want the CRIMINALS to catch Covid. How kind of them. But wouldn't it make more sense (pardon the language) to upgrade the medical sectors of prisons so medical staff are prepared for cases, rather than letting rapists and armed robbers loose? Just wonderin'.

And what of those brainless but kind-hearted souls who would prefer child molesters and robbers and whoever else on the streets over setting bail amounts as a surety against flight..

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go sit in a corner and run my index finger over my lips in a "I've finally lost my mind" gesture. 😱😵🤬

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...