Saturday, July 27, 2019

Running and Prostate

Maximum Performance
A lonely ebook seeking softcover company. 

Both are doing well, thank you. Ran 4.4 miles today in new Brooks trainers. (Maybe not so new. I've had them 11 years, ever since injuring my knee.) Reading old 2008 posts, I was quite an optimist. Even with a known tendency to push myself and get injured, I always recovered eventually. The idea that my marathon days were a memory only registered very slowly.

And finished those days may be. But I'm game for one more go. After all, this time I have a book to write. Speaking of which, another marathon possibility might be my old target of the California International Marathon.

On the subject of books, I advance at a glacial pace in formatting my prostate ebook for softcover. Niggling details of a fraction here added to a fraction there. Such exacting trivia. I'm considering adding artwork, but if it looks like too much effort, I'll put it off for another edition. 

1 comment:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Marathon Man! You are WAY braver than I'll ever be. You seem to enjoy these running meets., so go for it, but mindful of the fact that you are over 40. Do it for the fun ! (if such can be said of an activity that causes your lungs and heart to act like they're rigged to a bomb ).

Aahh yes, cover design. Formatting. All the less than fun aspects of publishing. Can't you use the same cover you have now?

I want to publish a short story, but even after the revisions, I have to make sure I do this, that and the other thing. I'll check to find out what needs to be done, technically/ format wise, to make sure I'm ready. You'd think they could make it easier. Anyway, good luck!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...