Thursday, January 07, 2016

Smashwords 2015 Publishing Survey



Prices, Preorders, and the State of .99

Amazon is king, but what about Smashwords? This eBook distribution platform follows in the wake of the Big A, but still generates decent sales. If you must know, I'm on Smashwords and I find it a pleasant place.

Erica Verrillo lists the latest data crunched for last year and there are interesting bits of info for the eBook author. For example, Romance, Erotica, YA and Teen Fiction are the top three in fiction categories.

And $1.99 remains the Tartarus of pricing.

Read more over at Publishing . . . and Other Forms of Insanity.

3 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Yikes! You're right. I had Smashwords on my Smart phone and then got rid of the thing.... it kept glitching out on me. Then my computer died, and I got this.Wonder if I'll have to re-purchase the books I already bought? Thanks for the reminder.

Hope you liked the review I wrote for Fifty Shades of Zane Grey. Will read it again, as soon as my current project is finished. YISH. Everything is in starts and stops. Is this what it's like, driving on the Ventura freeway?

JP Mac said...

A fine review. I left you a 'thanks' on Goodreads.

We like to call it "parking" on the Ventura Freeway. But the savvy motorist knows where to find the work arounds.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Quite welcome! I'll have to go back to Goodreads and see what I wrote.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...