Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book Review: The Forgotten Man

The Forgotten Man (Elvis Cole, #10)The Forgotten Man by Robert Crais

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Crais wore me down a bit this time with the constant switch between first/third person. If nothing else, it shows the author at work and intrudes on the pace. The story of private investigator Elivs Cole searching for the killer of a man claiming to be his estranged father was interesting enough. It's a quick exciting read save for the moments when forlorn cop Starkey tries to work up her nerve to bed Cole. Then the tale felt like star-crossed YA romance. That said, Crais adds enough cop stuff to make me believe it's real and mixes his action and clues well enough to keep the pages turning. Worth a peek.  



View all my reviews

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...