Thursday, November 10, 2011

Troll Hunter Rawks!

Thanks to Paul Rugg for alerting me to 2010's The Troll Hunter. This Nordic Blair Witch threads together tense spooky scenes of young filmmakers trailing an odd mysterious man through the Norwegian back country with absolutely hilarious deadpan moments. It's a tough sell but the filmmakers stay balanced between comedy and suspense throughout and avoid the bad-good label of movies like Troll—let alone Troll 2. On Netflix. I will only say that Paul and I watched it together and laughed at certain scenes in giddy delight.

4 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

love that trailer!

JP Mac said...

You should check out the movie. Those Norwegians have a sense of humor so dry you'll need chap stick.

Craig said...

What I would give to watch a movie with John P. and Paul Rugg...

Have you seen "Dead Snow," John? It's a fun Norwegian horror/comedy about Nazi zombies. For reals.

JP Mac said...

Craig,

I saw print ads for it in Weird Tales awhile back.

If you're gonna have zombies, why not from the Third Reich?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...