Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Richard Stone Remembered

Paul Rugg blogs about Freakazoid scoring sessions and the magic of Richard Stone aka "Stonini."

The scoring room was on the Warner lot and had been used in such famous films as "Casablanca." They were going to tear it down at one point, but Clint Eastwood really liked scoring his films there. So the studio renovated it, putting in nifty, futuristic technical stuff and a big comfy couch.

For a time in Freakazoid Season Two, we were scoring nomads, traveling to sound stages at Paramount and Fox. But there's was nothing like the huge stage at Warners back in the day.

5 comments:

takineko said...

Your posts make me sad and nostalgic for things I've never seen. ;n;

JP Mac said...

There was much that was good and fun.

But my favorite place is right now.

takineko said...

Really? Live for the moment kind of fella are you?

JP Mac said...

It's the only time I have.

takineko said...

I noticed that canned ham guy made a re-appearance in this volume. I'm still confused, yet amused.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...