Saturday, March 17, 2007

Erin Go Bragh

And a Happy St. Patrick's Day! God bless all, especially my dear Irish family, living and dead.

Truncated running with Ernesto today. His hamstring ached from playing basketball and he bailed at the mile mark. I only ran three today because my calves hurt from overtraining. I juggled running days around this week because of work and ended up piling on mileage as well as speed. A proven road to injury. No one sets a personal best who doesn't first reach the start line.

Work continues intensely. Scripts and development. One show I'm writing is rather difficult. My scripts draw lengthy executive notes implying I can't write. Solving creative problems becomes a true test of patience and a clear sign that I need money. But I'm almost done.

And better projects await.

A parting St. Paddy's day joke:

Q: What is Irish alzheimers?

A: That's where you forget everything but the resentments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny. When I don't have my proofreader's state-of-mind with me, I often read MORE lazily than other people. Despite having heard you tell that joke many times over the years, I was tired and didn't remember the punchline.

So I thought for a moment that it read, "it's when you forget everything but the REFRESHMENTS."

I thought it was a play on stereotypes about Irish partying . . .

--The Old Lady

k said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! Yay!

And seriously here: Just READING about all the work you're doing makes me worn out. Worn to a nub. ai!

The only thing worse than too much work is no work at all. So I'm glad you're clearly not complaining about it.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...