Thursday, November 09, 2006

SB Half Marathon Time Woes

All the half-marathon chips were tabulated and matched with tags torn off each runner's number bib. The revised final results for the Santa Barbara News Press Half Marathon are in!

Eighteen more runners were added to the official finisher's list.

I wasn't one.

I sent another email to the Santa Barbara Athletic Association's master tabulator. I asked if there wasn't anywhere else he could check for my chip. As the race was my best half-marathon effort, I said I'd really like an official time.

So far, no word back.

Perhaps they're waiting to count the absentee chips.

3 comments:

k said...

That is SO Not Fair!!!

I can give them some pointers. Good Florida counting pointers.

JP Mac said...

No one counts like Floridians.

But good news today. The counter emailed me back and said he's close to figuring out times for the last 30 runners whose chips malfunctioned.

I mean, after all, this is your time too!

k said...

Yes! And so I wonder: Did my Floridian status have any bearing on this miscount?

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...