Tuesday, January 24, 2006

That's A Wrap!

When I posted about the job offer last week I was on the brink of flying back to Chicago to meet the client. However we couldn't agree on various financial matters. So this morning, after talking with my agent, I pulled the plug. It's tough to let work go, especially since we're eating the seed corn around here. But I think it's the right call.

Ran a hard three miles yesterday without walk breaks. Thought I'd see how things felt before next Saturday's time trials. My pace was erratic and I need to focus on consistency.

That's the upside of turning down work: more time to run. I'll be the fastest man in the unemployment line.

1 comment:

k said...

I'm torn between saying, That's too bad, sorry to hear - vs., Seems like a close call, you escaped by the skin of your teeth...

A job with people like that can be way more costly than it's worth.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...