Wednesday, December 07, 2005

TNT Pre-Marathon Ho-Down

My festive day continued at the Team in Training send-off dinner. Held at P.F. Chang's in Pasadena, the Honolulu Marathon Team was feted as we prepare to depart Friday. Honolulu is one of the largest marathons in the world. Twenty-five - 30,000 runners clog the start line. The race commences at 5:00 AM in order to lessen the effects of heat and humidity. There are enormous numbers of Japanese. Also, my last donation arrived this morning from a friend in Florida. Her small home suffered damage from the recent hurricanes. Yet the modest amount she gave meant a great deal since I know how tight money is for her. I run for donors like my friend, and the family and friends of blood cancer victims — not to mention the victims themselves. They deserve my very best.

And that they shall have.

1 comment:

k said...

you GO, boy!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...