Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Beached Again

My Strange Bruise turns out to be a symptom: blood flowing to my ankle from a torn calf muscle. At least 4 more weeks without running. Very depressing. No Santa Barbara Wine Country Half-Marathon and a reduced chance to break 4 hours in Chicago. On the upside, I can walk, drive, and exercise either in the pool or on sundry machines. In other words, perhaps a month down, then another month getting back up to speed.

And if I don't break 4, I can at least set a new pr.
I know I'll come back stronger.

2 comments:

k said...

Oh, John. I'm so very sorry.

Sending healing thoughts out to you...

and mangoes.

They're GOOD for you. They really are. Lots of Vitamin C and so forth.

R.E.M. Borja said...

Ouch! I hope it heals well and you can get back out there. Nothing like an injury to make you want to run.

Get well soon.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...