Friday, January 27, 2006

A Novel Idea


As soon as I think I've seen it all, something happens to remind me otherwise. The company that I passed on has made yet another unconventional financial offer. The offer has good points and bad. However production starts the week after next and many other issues remain unresolved. I'll make a decision Monday. Meanwhile I'm pressing ahead on an outline for a young adult novel. It's about a teenage guy who must confront an ancient evil that his relatives helped unleash.
The novel features a big tree, monsters, Indian lore and lots of jokes about California people. Events span 3 centuries, so I'm writing a time line listing story points in chronological order. Afterwards I'll play with the order as I build an outline.

There's a sense of urgency here. My agent likes the story and is willing to shop it around. That means it's up to me to write the outline plus the first four chapters. No excuses — like having to make money. I've leaned on that one a lot over the years. If I could finish the marathon, I can write the book.

As soon as I'm done blogging.

1 comment:

k said...

The having to make money bit? I leaned on that one before I even started either activity.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...