Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Katie Kierkegaard


Had lunch today with Harold, an old chum who still works at Warner Bros. TV Animation. Harold spoke of lay offs, and upcoming "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and The Brain" DVDs. (Along with the politics surrounding who would be interviewed in the "making of" sections.)

Harold went on to say that for a show to be greenlit nowadays it must have big toy potential. Hence, marketing decides what airs. This is a shame and could explain why my "Katie Kierkegaard" project is gathering dust.

Katie is a teen descendent of the Danish philosopher. But she lives in a mall near La Jolla with her crazy Aunt Helga and a pet chimp named Dusty. Each episode would feature Katie wrestling with different facets of the infinite transcendence of faith while shopping for fun tops. I felt the toy tie-in could be a box with nothing in it or fun tops.

So far no response.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...