Friday, October 26, 2018

Alone with my Girth


Attending a story conference with myself.
Not really alone. My wife comes home from work in the evenings. But mostly I'm alone with a draft of another novel and a short story I will finish up and send out in the next two weeks.

And food.

There lies the trouble.

My weight has ballooned. The State of California insists I apply for a separate Zip Code. Nothing I own fits me anymore. I wear a lot of canvas tarps.

But I have challenged me to run a 5k in January.

And so, once again, I begin training for a race. This will be my first 5k since 2016, when I thought I was very overweight.

I knew zip back then.

But I'm making progress.


1 comment:

Authors 4 Characters said...

You are far from alone. When I write, especially on the weekend, I drink a special home-made frappucino. And I do this in the almost absent way one munches on popcorn or potato chips while watching a movie. I stand the best chance of getting exercise during the work-week.
On the weekend, I am just about chained to my computer. Between the nibblies and the scribbling, I'm not the weight a woman of 4'11" should be.

P.S. I'm triggered by that fried chicken. Thank God I'm broke til payday!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...