Monday, August 08, 2016

Intermittent Fasting at One Month


clipart.com

Cheap Weight Loss Method Works Fast

Yesterday marked the first month of my intermittent fasting whereby I fast 16 hours a day, leaving myself an eight hour chow window. Other than cutting way, way back on sweets, I didn't count calories or avoid carbs. Regardless of what I consumed, I found I ate less. 

Exercise consisted of walking and/or running a few miles, stationary cycling, and yoga 3 to 5 times a week. Exercise was always done during fast periods. 

After a step on the scale and a stretching of the tape measure, the results are in: I lost two inches off my waist and 12 pounds. 

I'm quite pleased and celebrated by eating four cakes. (Just kidding.) I shall continue through August into early September and see what pound-consuming wonders the next month holds. 

2 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Bravo! I'm jealous! After my summer ice cream nibbles, the only use I find for that tape measure is as a noose! Ha ha.

Exercise wise, my favorite it either that stair climber thingie with what look like ski poles or the good old fashioned treadmill. I can't run to save my life, but put me on a treadmill, with a good audiobook to listen to, I'd be back to 115 in no time!

Remember, all things in moderation. Don't kill yourself trying to stay healthy. Again, congrats!

JP Mac said...

Thanks. Naturally, after posting that yesterday, I woke up tremendously hungry this morning and considered "rewarding" myself with a day off.

But I will persevere until noon.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...