Sunday, January 01, 2012

Lady Gaga and Mayor Bloomberg Meet the Animaniacs

On ABC last night, I watched these two oddly-paired people drop the Times Square New Year's Eve ball.

As 2011 counted down, all I could think was, "I wish Animaniacs were still on the air." Yakko, Wakko, and Dot would've cleaned up on Gaga and the New York City mayor, not to mention Dick Clark. Dick seemed so blasted he couldn't keep up with the count on screen. He behaved more like an animatronic attraction than a famous fellow.

Nevertheless, today is 2012 and we travel forward into an unsullied new year.

Still, 'Gaga Over New Years' would write itself.

Image: Yahoo! news

4 comments:

Luke said...

I know many epople would tune in for that episode. Animaniacs has poked fun at Dick Clark bedore.

JP Mac said...

For many years, Dick Clark seemed ageless.

Now, like Dorian Grey, it's all coming apart.

Luke said...

Hmmm, are you sure your phone is a phone, and not a Kodak lab?

JP Mac said...

No, not 100 percent sure.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...