Thursday, July 22, 2010

Writing & Running Updates

Who is at Comic Con? Not me. Not this year. Some other year, perhaps. I'm withdrawing a story from a magazine. Not only did they sit on it for 5 months, but their automated replay system promised to investigate and respond in 10 days. It is now 11 days and counting. They must use geologic time. Time to swing for the fence and send that story off to the toughest fantasy/sci-fi market there is; long response time, but pro-pay (5 cents a word!) My 1K story for the Journal of Microliterature has arrived at a first draft motel. I've given it a well-merited rest to allow my subconscious to tidy up various rough spots. But I'm confident any tale called "Death Honk," must have an audience somewhere. No running this week as my knee has been sore since Saturday. Nothing serious, but there is a bit of sensation where, previously, none existed. I'll ice more and try a mile this weekend. Yes, that is what I will do. Then I will eat limes to avoid scurvy.

7 comments:

takineko said...

I will forever kick myself for not being able to go to Comic Con while all the Animaniacs/PatB/TTA/Freakazoid stuff was going down.

Death Honk... I must read this.

Sorry to hear you didn't get much running in. When you are busy and take a while to post to the internet, I like to imagine you went jogging off into the sunset and just had so much fun that you didn't feel like coming back.

JP Mac said...

I must return.

All my snacks are here.

takineko said...

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, it made me realize my allergies are taking a toll for the worse. ~cough hack~

JP Mac said...

Courage.

You occupy a valued place on the web.

And you draw a mean soda cup.

Tom Ruegger said...

"I've given it a well-merited rest to allow my subconscious to tidy up various rough spots."

This is a perfect description of such a necessary step...then, so often for me, deadlines get in the way and the step gets skipped and the necessary tidying does not take place!

"But I'm confident any tale called 'Death Honk,' must have an audience somewhere."

I agree! Whether concerning a car crash or a goose who has run amok, or something else entirely, for the title alone I am there.

Luke said...

Hope your knee gets better. Any of our pals on blogger going this year?


And concerning Death Honk, sounds interesting, as I picture a clown with a hook for a hand

"And the last sound he heard, was the toot of Mr.Chuckle's horn"

JP Mac said...

You're closer than you think, Luke.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...