Saturday, March 14, 2009

Doctors and Swimming and Knees, Oh, My!

Monday I'll visit the HMO-approved orthopedist. Here's hoping this fine medical fellow approves my MRI. I wanna know whaz'sup with my knees. Besides, swimming is becoming dangerous. My health club pool turned into a free-for-all yesterday. Are Friday's Savage Swim Days? I'm not sure. But between machine-like swimmers tearing up the lanes, big fat men bobbing aimlessly like rogue planets, very pregnant women attempting to organize the chaos, and teenagers determined to jack the chaos up to professional levels, I was grateful to escape the water unmarked. Sunday morning, I'm taking a "swim test" with an organization set up to assist the older swimmer. I think they want to see how many laps I can do without swallowing half the pool. Then they make recommendations such as lessons or finding another sport. I could be looking at no running for months. So, it's time to find out what I can do and do it.
Just not on Fridays.   

3 comments:

takineko said...

You caused me to win a game of "Apples to Apples" today.

The green card word was "virtuous" and in my hand I had, "Running a Marathon".

JP Mac said...

Bravo, I say.

May you bask in a non-radioactive, victorious glow.

takineko said...

So that's what that glow is!
I've been lifting a lot of heavy stuff today, so I was worried it was the S-W-E-A-T word... silly me, girls don't sweat, they glow victoriously!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...