Thursday, November 04, 2010

21 Again

Another from the Hastings Archive via Paul Rugg. More from the 1994 Peabody trip as we stand outside NYC's swank 21 Club, an old speakeasy seen in countless films including Sweet Smell of Success. Myself, Tom Ruegger, Tom Minton, Jean MacCurdy (hailing our limos or small men to carry us—I forget which), Paul Rugg and Nick Hollander. Peter Hastings mans the camera as we look fairly exhausted from a long day of spending the company's money on tourism and fancy dinners.

3 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

Thanks for this.

Regarding my appearance in this picture: this is a rare photographic record of what we used to call "a standing pass."

The subject is still standing but is basically so intoxicated that he has, for all intents and purposes, passed out.

Subject will need assistance negotiating the hazardous trip from curb to car seat.

JP Mac said...

LOL, as the kids say.

Craig "Voiceroy" Crumpton said...

If these archive photos were published in a coffee table gift-type book, I would be the first to pre-order one. I'm just sayin'...

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...